College is great. You’re out on your own, forming your own identity. You have an opportunity to start fresh and become the person you’ve always dreamed of being, but never had the chance. But at the same time, with all of the freedom college provides, it’s an adjustment. We’ve all been there. That’s why we need The Hedge.By joining a student ministry, you’ll be joining students just like you that are dealing with the same pressures, the same temptations, and have the same questions. You’ll have tons of support from people who love you and care about you and will do everything they can to help you succeed. Choosing a student ministry is an important decision, and the University of Arkansas is blessed with many different ministries. To help you decide, here’s some information about The Hedge:
- The Hedge is a student ministry of the Association of Baptist Students (ABS) at the University of Arkansas.
- We are dedicated to sharing the love of Christ with the campus community through service toward all people.
- We believe everyone sins, and only God has the right to judge a man’s heart.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is 100% God, and 100% man, sent to forgive mankind from its sins
- We believe the soul endures past death.
- We believe the only way to spend eternity in heaven is to turn away from sin and profess Jesus as Lord of your life. Only faith in Jesus leads to salvation, there is no good deed or work that can ever substitute.
- We believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God, and is a living text as relevant today as ever.
- The Hedge is underwritten by BMA (Missionary Baptist) churches across Northwest Arkansas with the expressed purpose of supporting and ministering to local college students, but you don’t have to be a Missionary Baptist to attend. In fact, many of our students come from other denominations and religious backgrounds.
- The Hedge is not a church. Nor is it a substitute for a church.
- Anyone can come to The Hedge. You do not have to be a Christian, but we are a Christian organization.
- There is no formal admittance policy, or requirement to join The Hedge
- Our programs are geared towards college-aged individuals
- Our leaders and most of our students are professing Christians.
We welcome you to join us. The Hedge meets every Tuesday night at 7:00 for dinner and Bible Study, but plenty of other events are happening during the week. Keep checking our website, or sign up for our email newsletter, or “like us” on facebook, or follow us on Twitter, and we’ll keep you in the loop. If this doesn’t look like the student ministry that’s right for you, that’s okay. But don’t stop searching for one. Student ministries are extremely important contributors to student success in college. Feel free to reach out to us for help finding the student ministry where God has called you.